View Single Post
Old
06-24-2009, 01:16 PM
ukyo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
No....I just removed my homer glasses a long time ago and realized that a player is not better and does not have more potential than those of other teams just because they wear a Kings jersey.
Fair enough, but I'm not even getting into a tirade about how each individual player has such and such going for him. This is purely based on age and assuming that growth starts to plateau at 27. In retrospect I could have just as well listed average ages of each team and skipped all the names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
Honestly?.......no.

The Kings have some great young players...but other than Doughty none of them are considered elite. That does not give them an advantage over any other team that has one elite prospect with a handful of great ones. Pittsburgh and Chicago had/have the edge over other teams because they had/have more than one elite player (Chicago=Kane/Toews).....(Pittsburgh=Crosby/Malkin).
I think Kopitar is an elite young player and I don't think that the groups in St. Louis, Columbus, and Phoenix have more talent than we do. You disagree, ok, I respect your opinion. I think it's wrong, but I respect it.

ukyo is offline   Reply With Quote