View Single Post
Old
06-24-2009, 04:21 PM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiraly View Post
I think so close to the new season and the beginning of the new school year, kids playing away from home will likely not participate....

....and I think this applies to all participating countries.

Looking at the Hungarian roster against Slovakia last year, Hari, Nemes, Gallo, Hardi, and Hentes were not on the team. That said, the best of the rest will mostly likely be there if last year’s tournament is any indication…

…more than half of the team that went to Minsk played in the August tournament.
Hm, you´re right. Though I guess, our team will have the imports included since it´s the U16 team there aren´t that many if at all and if there are than they´re probably playing only in Czech republic, so it should be no problem as Czech U16 team participates too. Though there might not be any imports at this age anymore considering the new rules with imports in the Czech republic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiraly View Post
It may be a little confusing, but I believe this is how the season works.

The initial J18 Elit season begins in September with 4 divisions: East, West, South, & North.

This first round/season ends in December with the top four teams from each group being assigned to either one of two Allsvenskan groups, North and South. This second round begins in January where teams play 2 games against each team in the new division.

The rest of the teams from the first round remain in their original divisions where they start a second round by playing another set of games against each other.

The winner of each of these divisions, East II, West II, South II, & North II, move on to play one game against the 5th and 6th place teams of the Allsvenskan North & South divisions.

The winners of this game move on to play a best of three game series against the third and fourth place team of the Allsvenskan North & South divisions.

The winners of this series move on to play a best of three game series against the 1st and 2nd place team.

The winners of these series make up the semifinals which consists of another set of 3 games series. The finals are also comprised of a three game series.

Farjestad lost to Skelleftea in the Semi-Finals. Skelleftea lost to AIK IF in the Finals.
Thanks, for clearing it, Sweden sure has a complicated system for their junior leagues.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote