Old
06-24-2009, 08:55 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Of course I want to see the Kings bring in a big name player, but not at the cost of not being able to retain Doughty, Quick, Simmonds, Moller, Hickey, Teubert, Voinov, Loktionov, etc. whenever their entry level contracts expire (and should they establish themselves as legit NHL players).

If Gaborik or Hossa or Havlat would sign in LA on reasonable terms, I'm all for it. I want to see the team take the next step much like Chicago did, but I also don't want to see them give out Brian Campbell-like contracts that will stifle them in the future.

It's all coming together and I think smart, calculated moves is the right method. Lombardi has a plan that he isn't going to deviate from.
On the other hand would the Hawks have developed into the young, powerhouse they appear to be without the over payment to Campbell? Campbell is surely over paid but he is a very skilled defensemen who logs a lot of quality minutes. Can you put a price tag on him or Gonchar? Where would Pittsburgh be without Gonchar in the lineup? And there is a strong probability that the Kings will keep their core together and continue to miss the playoffs. It seems to me there has been a set pattern to winning post lockout and they all have signed at least 1 big name free agent.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote