View Single Post
Old
06-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersJunky View Post
I'm sorry, but the puck handling and in and out of the crease decisions by Flyers goalies for more than a dozen years to be shows a need for instructional change... Add to that the inconsistencies over the years, whether it be Biron or Nitty or Esche, where they play like World beaters for periods only to hit a wall thereafter... I'm sorry, but I just don't see the positives signs coming from Reggie's trusts.

To me, much of the problems are more habitual rather than innate talent... But, hey, that's just me.
I'm not saying Lemelin was anything special, but I don't see anything egregious going on with our goaltending either. I don't think you're going to turn too many goalies into good puckhandlers by the time they're at the professional level, especially when you're talking about guys usually much further along in their career than straight out of juniors here. You're either comfortable with going out there and playing the puck or your not at that point.

As to the decisions out of the crease...I have a hard time believing that falls all on the goalie coach either. It isn't as if the behind the net decisions of our D are without regular failures. We just have sucked as a team in moving the puck around our zone and out.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote