View Single Post
Old
06-25-2009, 11:05 PM
felixd

vCash: 500
My strategy if I'm the habs tomorrow:

Time to re-stock on high-ceiling offensive prospects. Roll the dice on some guys. We all know Timmins can find NHL-Quality players, but it seems like we're lacking the top-end talent. Swing for the fences in this draft, we still have a deep enough talent pool that if we strike out, it's no big deal...with that said:

Round 1 18th Overall: Louis Leblanc, Chris Kreider or Peter Holland.

All 3, if available at our pick, likely have the highest offensive potential. People knock Holland for the same reasons they knocked Jeff Carter his draft year. I think Holland will put it all together and be a lesser Staal/Carter type, not a smashing centerman, but one who can score goals and use his size effectively. I'm not too scared, the potential is there.

Round 3 65th Overall: Anton Lander, Joonas Nattinen, Kevin Lynch

Re-stock the center position with size, two-way play. I'm praying for Lander here.

Round 3 79th Overall: Taylor Doherty, Seth Helgeson or Ben Chiarot.

Take a gamble on these big defensemen. Hope to find a nasty tough to play against stay-at-home defensemen.

Round 4 109th Overall: Kyle Clifford, Marcus Foligno, Anton Burdasov

Try to find the diamond-in-the-rough big forward. I'm not quite giving up on Russians yet, it's just about finding the right ones, the ones who want to come over to NA to develop. I'd gamble on Burdasov

Round 5 138th Overall: Gabriel Dumont, Nicolas Deslauriers

Everyone saw Dumont's play down the stretch this year. Guy with heart and determination enough to make up for his size. Both these guys could be steals here, hence I don't think they'll be available but they could be. If JF Berube or Igor Bobkov are sitll here, pick one of them, we do need some more talent in the goalie pipeline.

Round 6 168th Overall: Alexander Avtsin, Alexander Fallstrom

Again, gamble on getting that big forward who can score

Round 7th 198th Overall: Take a flyer on 6'6 Swedish Dman Viktor Svedberg.

Some will probably hate this, it's a very risky approach, but we need to find that top offensive talent.

I would try to get a 2nd round pick and take Paradis for sure though. Absolutely love what I've seen him, I think he'll be a great contributor at the NHL level, may not necessarily put up huge points, but will be a great 3rd liner and PK-er who could top out at 15-20 goals a year.