Old
06-27-2009, 10:14 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1412
http://www.saskatoonblades.com/News/Blades_News/637/
Quote:

A series of questions for the Blades goaltender.

The 2009 NHL Entry Draft goes Friday, June 26th & Saturday, June 27th at the Bell Centre in Montreal. In the coming days, saskatoonblades.com will going one on one with members of the Saskatoon Blades who may be drafted.

Today we go one-on-one with goaltender Adam Morrison.....

Saskatoonblades.com: A big part of any junior hockey player is the years spent playing minor hockey, what associations were you a part of?
Adam Morrison: I was born in Edmonton so I grew up playing on the outdoor rinks. I stayed playing hockey for the Knights of Columbus and moved to Whitemud West before moving out to White Rock, BC in 2000. I played for Semiahmoo Minor Hockey for two more years before becoming a goaltender full-time and played there up until midget, where I played in the BC Major Midget League for the Greater Vancouver Canadians and the Valley West Hawks.

Sb.com: What current NHL goaltender do you try and pattern your game after?
Morrison: Cam Ward of the Carolina Hurricanes because he is so efficient and rarely out of position. I also like his composure, poise, and his ability to come up huge in do or die games.

Sb.com: What are your strengths in net?
Morrison: My skating, composure, battle, size, and mental toughness.

Sb.com: What are some of the things you will need to work on in order to get the next level?
Morrison: My hand speed, patience, puck handling, and continue to get stronger.

Sb.com: What is it like playing under Lorne Molleken?
Morrison: It`s a real pleasure because you know how much he wants to win and that really inspires you to work that much harder in practice and games because he know what it takes to play in the big leagues. I also enjoy his intensity because it can give you that little tap on the back to pick you up in tough situations.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote