Old
06-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
I like this selection more so than the last one.

I'm still confused with the Rodin pick actually... seems like a small player with boom/bust top 6 potential. Considering the assets in this organization, I would have thought they'd go after some size, and pay more attention to defense.

They drafted a much better similar player with the 1st pick, and have guys like Grabner and Shirokov coming up... and Raymond in the lineup now as well.

I'm sure Gradin saw something in this guy, but as far as organizational needs go, Connauton seems like a logical pick, Rodin didn't.
I think in the case of Rodin, someone hit the nail on the head by saying you draft a player with talent, who can play hockey, and help him develop the rest. Kind of like the Detroit model. Rodin seems to have a ton of high end offensive skill, so I'm pretty pleased with it, especially when you contrast it against the picks of Schroeder and Connauton. Connauton seems to have flown under the radar a bit, but a strong skating, two-way defensemen is just what the doctor ordered for this organization.

I also like that we've avoided Delorme's back yard to this stage in the game...

~Canucklehead~

Mr. Canucklehead is online now   Reply With Quote