View Single Post
Old
06-27-2009, 01:33 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Some interesting posts from people on here on Steven Anthony (this is from 2006):

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
best talent I have seen since Sidney Crosby in the Midget ranks, this guy is really special, he is a step down from Crosby, but I would say his game and style reminds me of a young Joe Thornton, playmaking wizard, great awarness and size, he just needs to start hitting more. Everytime he is out there he creates something and he just makes you take notice.

Nova Scotia isn't a weak Midget league anymore, it is a pretty good development league now, Sidney Crosby, James Sheppard, Ryan Hillier, Brad Marchand, Colin White, etc have all came from there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLaprise View Post
Watched him last Sunday...2 goals 2 assists and it looked like he was still adjusting to the AAA level.

He has size, speed and strength, and top end skills to boot.

He scored a beauty where he took a bad pass off the skate and put it top shelf in 1 motion. You dont see that at the AAA level but it looked effortless to him.

Is he as good as Crosby? No. But he is a damn good player.

Also the Subways coach said he reminds him of a more skilled, speedier James Sheppard.
And from 2009:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
Finally a Steve Anthony showing....offensive player of the week with 8 points in 2 games. 6 point in one game.
(apparently he was stuck in a 3rd/4th line role but was later on put in a scoring role and exploded).

Quote:
Originally Posted by feichter View Post
Being from Saint John, I am quite excited to see some space cleared for him. His skills do not lend themselves to his being groomed as a 3/4th line grinder in major junior. Btween the fact that he was waiting in the wings, and that we got a good return, it makes the loss of Dido that much easier. Wish I could see an icetime chart to see the upgrade in time since Chris left, but either way, he is producing more. Unfortunately, I've yet to have a chance to see him play since Dido left.
-Matt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
This guy will probably go early 2nd round and maybe even 1st if someone seen him lately. He really has a skill set that could translate to the NHL. Very good vision for a 17 year old, actually makes passes on the tape. Horrible on faceoffs, doesn't take the body all that often but will go to the front of the net and compete in the corners. Good offensive awareness, knows where the puck will end up, average shot right now. Great size already, 6`2 205. Very good skater for his size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjindaho View Post
He is one of the safest picks in the draft...good skater who can play in his own end...downside is probably something like a Rob Niedermayer (guy who plays bottom 6 possession and who is good in his own zone)...has offensive skills and should have been on the U-18 team...likely a 4th rounder or lower though he should go higher (CSB has him 174th amongst CHLers which is beyond disgustingly underrated)

y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote