Thread: Draft grade?
View Single Post
Old
06-27-2009, 06:51 PM
Jbcraig1883

vCash: 500
Overall, I'd give it a B+.

I do feel that Leddy was a bit of a reach and feel that there was a good chance to be there at the 26th pick but I can't confirm that in any way.

I would have liked to get a second pick for CO Roussel or Budish but they both went to the Preds.

I like the Hackett pick as goalies are impossible to judge, but he seems to be a late bloomer and has gotten to work with NHLers due to his uncle. I also really like the Haula and Fallstrom picks--they seem to be Franzen/Holmstrom type players, which will be quite useful in any system.

It sounds like Foucault is a late bloomer as well; a big body with some hands...might turn out well.

The second goalie, Sallinen and Hamburg...can't find too much on them but as for the goalie, you never know so can't have too many goalies in the system at this point.

I think Fletcher grabbing the third and the other pick that helped them get Brodziak is showing his ability to use assets to acquire something of equal or better value. Sure, it may not pan out...but Risebrough seemed to overpay for the same value.

All in all, I like it.

It seems that with Gillies/Clutterbuck/Fritsche??who knows now/Brodziak/Almond/McMillan/Kalus/Haula/Fallstrom, we will have some potentially good physical forechecking teams in the future.

Jbcraig1883 is offline   Reply With Quote