View Single Post
Old
06-27-2009, 06:35 PM
SeanL44
Welcome to Hellbow

vCash: 500
From the Flyer's Website

Quote:
Riopel was selected by the Flyers in the fifth round (142nd overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft… Born on February 20, 1989 in St. Pie De Bagot, Quebec… 6’0”, 170 pounds… Catches left.

In 2008-09, Riopel posted a 43-15-0 record along with a 2.01 GAA and .931 save percentage in 59 appearances, including five shutouts with the Moncton Wildcats of the QMJHL. He was awarded the Michel Briere Trophy as the Most Valuable Player in the QMJHL and Jacque Plante Trophy for having the best goals-against average (2.01 – new QMJHL record), and was also named to the QMJHL’s First All-Star Team.

Over parts of four seasons in Moncton, Riopel compiled a record of 75-56-0 with a 2.67 GAA, .915 save percentage and seven shutouts in 143 appearances. He has also posted a 6-8 career postseason record with a 2.76 GAA, .914 save percentage and two shutouts in 14 games.

“It’s been three years and I’ve been waiting for this moment, so it was an incredible day for my family and I’m really glad that I came to a great organization like the Flyers,” said Riopel moments after being selected by the Flyers. “I worked hard all of my life. I could have easily left when I didn’t get drafted previously and said my career is over, but I just kept working and I think this year I proved to a lot of people that I can be a winning goalie, and one of the top goalies in the world.”

I like the pick, it kind of reminds me of the Bourdon pick last year... he probably should've gone earlier and could be a steal for a 142nd pick..,

SeanL44 is offline   Reply With Quote