View Single Post
Old
06-28-2009, 06:10 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

vCash: 500
Boltprospects
Quote:
Thievery. That's how we feel about getting Alex Hutchings in the fourth round. Pure thievery. We wouldn't have blinked if the Lightning took him in the second round, so the fact he's slipped this far is very exciting. Hutchings is one of the best skaters in the OHL and he is intelligent with a high motor. He plays in all phases of the game, and for a little guy he's surprisingly willing to get his nose dirty along the wall. Hutchings has scoring line upside, and unlike Panik, he plays an honest enough game that he can also play on your lower lines if you need him to. Bottom line: the Lightning got a hockey player. Red Line compares Hutchings to Chris Kunitz.

Money quote from Brian Lawton tweeting from the draft, "Our Dir. of Amateur Scouting Jim Hammett was so excited about getting Hutchings he started drinking my pop on accident." If we were there, we'd be drinking Lawton's pop too.

Update:
Bonus money quote from Red Line, which rates Hutchings as the 14th most underrated prospect in this draft: "Skates well, scores a bunch of goals, plays hard, and sound in his own end. Yet no one seems to take much notice." In addition, Red Line ranks Hutchings as having the 12th best hockey sense in this draft class.

NHL.com

Quote:
Barrie head coach Marty Williamson:
“Alex has been a good leader for us this season; he has led us in points and plus/minus. He has been our go-to-guy all year long, he’s got exceptional speed, a great shot and he’s really worked on being a team player. He did everything for us this year; he also played in the All-Star game and the Top Prospects Game. He is working hard on his consistency and trying to be effective every game and every shift.”
Barrie's Hutchings Shows Great Promise In Draft Year

Hutchingsimpressing everyone with draft approaching

Draft Prospect Card

TBO
Quote:
He might not be the biggest guy out there, but you wouldn't know it by his mouth.

Get Alex Hutchings, the Lightning's fourth selection in the NHL entry draft yapping and he might not stop. He lists his favorite Web site as Facebook and the nickname given to him by his Barrie Colts teammates is Mouth.
Quote:
"I've known Stamkos a bit and it's neat that some guys from Ontario have been there … and I've played with Carter Ashton a little bit in the prospects game, so that's cool knowing a guy going into training camp. Obviously the city is nice and I'm thrilled to be drafted by the Tampa Bay Lightning."

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 06-28-2009 at 06:56 AM. Reason: more info