Thread: Line Combos: Line Predictions (2009/10 Season)
View Single Post
Old
06-28-2009, 11:01 AM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
I still want Knuble to be re-signed. Gagne-Richards-Knuble were one of the best defensive lines in the league - and with those other pairings, they shouldn't have to carry the entire offense.
Eh, what league are you watching?

Seriously though, Richards (almost a Selke trophy winner) was -1 over the past 26 games of the season after his +5 game against Buffalo on Feb. 19.

Gagne was a -2 over the same period.

Knuble was a +1.

Keep in mind that Gagne and Richards were around +22 over the first 50 games of the year or so, I forget when that line formed exactly, so obviously, there was a big downgrade in their ES level of play and I personally have never been a huge fan of that line, I don't like Knuble playing 1st line ES minutes.

I'd personally throw Gagne-Richards-Giroux together as a high-speed offensive line that can also shut you down and then Hartnell-Carter-Briere together as more of a straight scoring line and see how Briere does defensively as a wing.

Then resign Knuble, try like crazy to sign Malhotra (sacrificing Jones and Carle if you have to) and build a grind line around Knuble and Malhotra.

Gagne-Richards-Giroux
Harts-Carts-Briere
XXXX-Malhotra-Knuble
Carcillo-XXX-XXX

Maybe put Powe at the 3rd line LW?

Last edited by FlyHigh: 06-28-2009 at 11:13 AM.