View Single Post
Old
06-29-2009, 03:48 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocksta18 View Post
Can you tell us what you have heard about Hamburg? I see he played midgets, but that is about it. I also heard he was planning on playing in the USHL next year. Has he committed to any colleges?

Also, anyone know anything on Sallinen, other then he was injured and did not play a lot last year?

based off the scouting reports I've seen, Hamburg has immense offensive talent; a natural goal scorer and has some soft hands and playmaking ability...

BUT...

His skating needs serious work, his drive has been questioned, and he has shown no interest in playing defense.

A "leap of faith" type pick for this kid might be an understatement.

I think he's going to play for Omaha (USHL) this year; he's only a HS senior.

As far as Sallinen, Tommy Thompson on Sid's radio show (if there was ever a guy that should just retire its Sid) said that Sallinen is your prototypical two-way guy, but he's Jarkko Ruutu-like in that he gets under the opponent's skin. He fell through the cracks because of his back injury but the Euro scouts liked him quite a bit.

He sounds like he's got some promise, but having a wonky back myself, that's not exactly something that just goes away.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote