Thread: Prospect Info: First Round Pick Zack Kassian RW
View Single Post
Old
06-30-2009, 06:41 AM
Luceni

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Why would we move on from MacArthur for 2 kids who have proved nothing in the NHL ?

MacArthur is hopefully going into the "pommer" years, Id like to lock him up to a 2-3 year deal averaging around 1.3ish... and then get 20+ goal production for a few years on the cheap.
Because I don't want to give someone a top 6 spot who has shown nothing impressive so far. We know what we get in MacArthur and that's simply not a top 6 Player so I'd move him and give his spot into one of our young, talented forwards.

Clarke got his chance, but he didn't use it, imo.

He isn't a bottom 6 Player but he also di nothing impressive on his top 6 spot last year. Hes nearly as much scorer points than Paille. The difference between them is that Clarke was Playing on the top 6 the most time of the year, while Paille was a bottom 6 Player.

I wouldn't give Clarke a new contract, I'd rsther see what Gerbe can do on the second line. And if Gerbe sucks, we can always put Paille onto that spot. The first 6 games last year he's shown, that he could be a useful top 6 player.

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote