View Single Post
Old
06-30-2009, 10:41 AM
The Exiled One

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyorr4ever View Post
The Preds have a great scouting staff and obviously select best player available regardless of position.

Ellis was my personal fav prospect from this draft.
Click here for a detailed profile.

Budish was another savvy pick and with a few "IFs", could be a great pick - If he stays healthy, IF he sticks with hockey over football, and IF his skating continues to improve enough to function in the big leagues!
Click here for detailed Budish profile!

Possibly the shrewdest pick of the draft for Nashville was just after Budish when they selected Charles-Olivier Roussel. He was my big sleeper for the draft and might some day remind Preds' fans of one Shea Weber!
Click here for a detailed CO Roussel profile.

Throw in Beck, Latta and Nick Oliver (amongst the others) and Nashville had one of the best drafts!
FYI, Nick Oliver and Zach Budish are good friends. I imagine they'll be traveling to the prospect camp together. The US had a dismal showing at the Ivan Hlinka last summer, but the first thing you should know is that the only time the US looked productive is when they had Budish and Oliver together on the top PP unit. I'm sure that's where the bulk of the scouting on Oliver (and even Budish) came from. They have good chemistry, so hopefully they'll have the opportunity to use it sometime in the future.

Meanwhile, they'll have a couple years of trying to kill eachother playing for rival schools Minnesota and St. Cloud State!

Last edited by The Exiled One: 06-30-2009 at 10:59 AM.
The Exiled One is offline   Reply With Quote