View Single Post
Old
06-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Recent research suggests that stretching has no impact on stopping strains and pulls...go figure. However, it seems to make sense given that the majority of the time you see an injury it's when the player is exerting himself and the muscle is contracting.

The trainers and training staffs of the world -- who do very good and important work -- get put way too high up as far as what they are actually doing and capable of doing. Trainers help train guys...they are not medical doctors, they are not qualified to tell you if a guy's head is OK from a concussion, they are not qualified to go in and look at a knee...they're qualified to come up with training regimes, etc.
I believe that the discussion morphed into the players injuries as they pertain to the control of the organization... and just how much the organization is to blame for the occurrences and severity, and how early returning effects them.

I believe that some people would like us to believe that the trainers and medical people under Homer's ultimate command is negligent, and replacing them would reduce the injury problem... I greatly disagree.

I agree totally with you that trainers are just that, trainers... It is their job to be educated and apply that education to both instruct/educate the players on how they can better their bodies and conditioning, and assist them in their workouts... as well as attend to their needs. The trainers can only work with the current information, and sometimes that information proves to have been incorrect.

The trainers do not have the responsibility that some people think they do... That said, if Homer feels that McCrossin isn't the best person for that position, I believe that he will replace him as he has with others.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote