Thread: Line Combos: Line Predictions (2009/10 Season)
View Single Post
Old
06-30-2009, 04:55 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph View Post
It would take some ridiculously good negotiating but I think if we are able to sign Knuble, Recchi and Alberts and dump Jones for a bag of chips we would have a top 9 as good as last season and a much better defense. Goalie is up in the air. We would have no wiggle room again though.

Gagne-Richards-Knuble
Hartnell-Carter-Recchi
JVR-Giroux-Briere
Carcillo-Powe-Asham

Timonen-Pronger
Carle-Coburn
Parent-Alberts

Emery
Backlund?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Banker View Post
i think his contract is a big reason why he is disdained but yeah he isn't a great dman to put it lightly, however, for a #6 at a reasonable price is any worse then other guys that have been mentioned like walker or montador?
I dont think Recchi should be playing 2nd line minutes on a team competing for the cup anymore....

Also, who the hell will play defense on a line of JVR Giroux and Briere???? Yes, Giroux is a good defensive player, but he sure as heck is not going to be able to cover for Briere and a rookie...

I would be fine with Gauthier on a cheaper contract as a #6. He is good in the locker room and if he isnt playing more than 8-9 minutes a game can be effective. He was playing too much when he was here before.

These are the kind of players that you need on your third pairing in the cap era....or a rookie.

I especially dont mind with the top 4 we now have who will probably suck up about 50 minutes a game anyway