View Single Post
Old
07-01-2009, 12:58 AM
gravytrain6t

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead94 View Post
I think that the Scott Gomez to Montreal trade needs to be highlighted on the next episode of the 50 Greatest Moments at Madison Square Garden.
Is this why many fans from other forums claim to hate our fan base more than any other fan base. Is it because we don't appreciate talented players coming over here to bleed blue for two years and read a statement like this? It's a friggin disgrace how we get on players who don't warrant it. If you don't like Gomez fine. But why blame Scotty. We cannot blame his effort because his stats do not show a lack there of.

Sather offers you a huge contract, not one person here would say nahhh, no thanks, but thanks.

We're hating on Sather for two years now because of bringing in Gomez who came here to do what he's supposed too, no? Who else in the past two seasons of Sather's constant revolving door of player personnel has put up as many assists as Scotty? "But Gomez suuucks." (not me. i wouldn't say that). Instead of giving up on Gomez he'll recognize (Gainey) that he can play with the right guys around him.

See Gainey isn't dumb. Instead of going out and grabbing Drury and Redden, he'll find wingers for Gomez and it is plausible we haven't seen the best of Gomez yet. Montreal fans appreciate fast skating with finesse. I wouldn't be a bit surprised he has his best years in a Canadians uniform. So fine laugh all you want about the Gomez trade. But we still don't know who got the better of the deal yet do we? If so. How? While other teams build, we always look for the next best thing who is now...Heatley?? He's our savior this year??

I agree the trade had to be done though because Sather finds it necessary to sign any big hockey name for a multi million, multi year contract.

Anyway, this imo.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote