View Single Post
Old
07-01-2009, 07:32 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post

See Gainey isn't dumb. Instead of going out and grabbing Drury and Redden, he'll find wingers for Gomez and it is plausible we haven't seen the best of Gomez yet. Montreal fans appreciate fast skating with finesse. I wouldn't be a bit surprised he has his best years in a Canadians uniform. So fine laugh all you want about the Gomez trade. But we still don't know who got the better of the deal yet do we? If so. How? While other teams build, we always look for the next best thing who is now...Heatley?? He's our savior this year??

I agree the trade had to be done though because Sather finds it necessary to sign any big hockey name for a multi million, multi year contract.

Anyway, this imo.
I agree with you. Gomez, while overpaid, is still very talented. He might thrive in a pressure situation like Montreal. I know New York is similar, but lets face it is not Montreal. Gomez needs a push, this could be it.

But I agree, I think Gomez' better years are coming. Sather went in with a 7-year plan on Gomez... abandoned him after 2. He didn't surround him with enough talent. Everyone just assumed him and Jagr would make it work. Forgetting both guys love puck possession.

This is a trade that definitely won't bite the Rangers. They free up space, get Higgens who (in my opinion) is on the bubble. Although He looks to be at least a 20 goal, 50 point guy (at worst).

But to give Sather praise? For what? Fixing his mistake?

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote