View Single Post
Old
07-01-2009, 10:48 AM
Edler Von Gud

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
This was probably the most i'd pay for the Sedins, but I'm glad with the term because it doesn't handcuff the team 7 or 8 years from now. I think some people forget just how good the Sedin Sedin Burrows line was the last couple months of the season. Burrows is far more of a sure bet to pot 25-30 goals this season.

I know people look at our forwards and don't get excited but there is five 20+ goal scorers there, then there is Wellwood and Bernier and youngsters like Raymond Grabner Hodgson and Hansen who all could surprise in the goal department. I'm just happy that the rest of the forwards on the team don't have to be elevated to roles they are uncomfortable with or would be set up for failure. I mean a lot of Sedin less rosters had Wellwood has a top 2 center.

I know people will go "oh well the canucks didn't improve from last year" but you aren't going to improve your team a whole lot through free agency. The canucks will improve themselves by drafting/developing well and producing cheap young roster players that provide a lot of depth. The improvement will come once you see some of the Hodgson or Schroeders of the world cracking the roster.