View Single Post
Old
07-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Whaddagoal
Larsson Jailbreak.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hntrmn View Post
Have fun with Kubina. He is underrated around the league and is probably a top 30-40 defencman in the NHL. He will help your PP tremendously, and is a good well rounded defencman. He is a bit slow, but should be well liked in Atlanta.

I hope that Excelby regains his old form, or else you guys definately won this trade... hands down.
I hope Kubina is good here.. I liked the way he played in the old-NHL with TB, pre lockout. Haven't followed him much in his stint with Tor..... I know he had ups and downs in Toronto though.....

I think think team needs the veteran, "well-roundedness", moreso than his offensive abilities on the PP.... (See Kovalchuk, Enstrom, Bogosian, Hainsey at point).....but great nonetheless..

As for Exelby, he was improving (I thought) before his leg injury this season, but he makes some plays every now and then that make you scream. He is better defensively, than the general tone of the fans complaints (myself included) over the last few seasons.... When he times his hits well, its great. Great character guy with the fans, and in the lockerroom from what we have seen. He doesn't particularly fight much nowadays (prior concussion stuff), but still mixes it up in general.