Thread: News Article: Sullivan resigned
View Single Post
Old
07-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
If Poile can resign him for 3.5 or less - you do the deal. With that said, Hamhuis is a number 2. His value will be at 4.5-5 million. To get him to sign for less than 4, doesn't seem possible. Lets say he splits the difference - 7 years, 28-30 million....This is a semi-realistic scenario (see Legwand/Erat). Can we absorb that contract though? I don't think we can. We finally have a tough top 3, but I just do not think we will be able to invest in Hamhuis going forward barring ownership infusing a few more dollars into the budget. Ideally we could resign both Rinne and Hamhuis long-term, but to do that, we are going to have to move Erat/Legwand. Of the two, I would move Erat because Legwand, I believe, is the better fit here in Nashville. However, this would then open up another hole in our top 6. Unless Wilson develops quickly, we simply have no one to fill a cheap role in our top 6. This is where the Radulov situation hurts the most. We finally got a cost-controlled legitimate top 6 forward........and he bolts for Russia. Now we are stuck looking for UFA options, and the overpricing continues (Gionta at 5 million? Camalleri at 6 million? UGH!).