Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: Oilers sign Khabibulin (4 years $3,750 per)
View Single Post
Old
07-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Edmonton and Chicago are on two entirely different levels when it comes to temperature. Khabi is a solid starting goalie, but he definitely didn't steal a single playoff game for us. Was solid throughout sure, but I'm comfortable going with Huet next year.
Game 6 vs Flames when he had 40+ saves and we only had what 16. He was great vs Flames and average vs Canucks. Vs Red Wings he was only reason we weren't blown out in game 1 and 2.

I am a big Khabibulin fan and It is great to see he got the longterm deal he wanted. He is an improvement over Roloson and will give you good goaltending on a consistant basis.

Only thing you have to worry about is his groin and back. The last few years in Chicago he has missed significant time with those troubles. It hurt us in 08 when Lalime was our backup but Huet was able to hold the fort during Khabby's injury last season.

Khabibulin is no longer the guy who could play 60+ games every year. He will need a solid backup who can play 20-30 games a yr.

I wish he would have stayed around here as our #2 but I will have to give Huet a chance now that he is our clear cut #1, He was miserable last year at the most important times (Aside from gm 5 vs Wings) and struggles with his consistancy to make me believe he cant carry a team. I hope he proves me wrong!

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote