Thread: Line Combos: Line Predictions (2009/10 Season)
View Single Post
Old
07-02-2009, 02:20 AM
dawkins121

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
I am hoping he is in talks wil Malhotra, otherwise missing Madden and Pahlsson sucks
Are there any sources or references or even rumors that suggest Homer is talking to Malhotra? Or anyone else for that matter? Because I'm starting to think that Holmgren is looking at this roster and thinking that it's good to go.

Gagne-Richards-Briere
Hartnell-Carter-Giroux
Nodl-Powe-Laperriere
Carcillo-Kalinski-Asham

Timonen-Coburn
Pronger-Carle
Parent-Jones

Emery
Boucher

Thoughts:
1. So much for our vaunted forward depth...
2. I really like Powe and I thought Nodl played pretty well when he was up. If Laperriere brings whats advertised, I think that could be a very, very solid third line.
3. Reluctant to put Parent on the third pairing because he played well last season and it might screw with his development to go from call up, to top pairing minutes, to bottom pairing minutes from season to season, but Carle is talented and I want to see if pairing him with Pronger or even Timonen can bring out the Matt Carle of 2007.
4. That Boucher signing is really bothering me. There was an abundance of quality backups available this offseason and we end up with him. I'd rather have someone like Clemmensen or Anderson that has a small sample size of competence than a guy that has a proven track record of mediocrity. If Emery goes down, could Clemmensen or Anderson repeat what they did last year? Who knows? It's possible! Will Boucher be able to carry us to the cup if Emery goes down. Hell no. Plus I think Harding is the goalie of the future for some team and he's sitting there, waiting to get traded. Unfortunately, to quote GKJ, it looks like the goalie of the future will be playing for someone else.