Thread: Salary Cap: 2010-2011 Season
View Single Post
Old
07-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Opus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
But we dont have 4 centers in the top 6....Briere is apparently a winger on this team now, that is what he played last year....and Giroux was drafted as a RW. You cant go into the season with Lappy and Asham as your top two RWs, that will be a disaster.

I love the whole theory of rolling out "pairs of players" and spreading out the offense like Detroit always does, but we dont have a Cleary, Holmstrom, Samuellsson, Hudler to rotate among the wing positions. This is one of my biggest issues with the moron coach on this team, he doesnt know how to get the most out of his lineup.

I dont disagree that it is difficult to have 4 solid forward lines and 3 solid defensive pairing, but it isnt difficult to have 3 solid forward lines and 2 solid defensive pairing which is what we would have if we move Carle for a 3rd line forward.
Fair enough, understood and for the most part, agreed.

While I think most of us agree that Carle is the contract that would be more beneficial to have moved...I think we'd be a better team if we waived Jones and used that money to solidify the forward group.

I like the defense as...

Timonen - Coburn
Pronger - Carle
Player 'X' - Parent

Who the money saved could get you to fill out the forwards, I don't know. Can you fit Malhotra (and/or player 'x'?) in with Jones' money?

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote