View Single Post
Old
07-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
You mean trio right?

I think its a sideways move. I'd rather have not made the trade if for no other reason than we would've kept McD.
I think people have to stop talking about McDonagh already. It seems like we traded away the best Defensive prospect in the league, which is quite far from the truth.

Also, Gainey had to change his top center, there was no Koivu/Plekanec tandem again. That much was clear and if I recall pretty much everybody agreed here.

Now, he tried bringing in Vinny but to no success. Len Barrie clearly won't budge on the idea of letting his big center go. So, having tried time and time again, he had to look for another one and if you look around the league there isn't too many first line centers available, none of which were UFAs.
So please, can you find me which center could have been had for Higgins and McDo??..Because I don't think too many teams would have agreed to one.

We can't expect to make deals and not give away good prospects. We have a bunch of good ones on D, it was obvious one was gonna be traded.
Weber and Subban to me were/are better prospects than McDo and are two best on D. I'm glad it's not one of them that went the other way.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote