View Single Post
Old
07-02-2009, 01:48 PM
XParise9X

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to XParise9X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Ramsden View Post
I was intrigued by Pikkarainen when the Devils originally had him, and am intrigued yet again. Like the size/skill combo. Should be an effective checker.

The Devils have to give these young guys a shot sooner or later. We can't just keep throwing money around to free agents every year. What's the point in drafting players if your never going to give them a chance? Lou's finally going to give them a shot, and if it doesn't work out, he'll react accordingly. See what the system has to offer.
thank you, this is exactly what i've been trying to explain to my friends alll day. The devils last season were an older team that couldn't be bothered to play the last 5 minutes of any game and it cost us game 7 and others. Getting younger is by far a GOOD thing. Imagine if we'd never given Parise a chance and justet him rot in the minors? We still have our top line intact once Zajac is signed. Our second line still has Elias, we can finally give Rolston a chance and i'd honestly like to through Clarkson up there and see what he can do with them (he plays so much harder every game then Zubrus) and ok our bottom lines will be new players but atleast we're giving them a chance AND wont have to lose half the team if the cap drops next fall.

Lou has made some mistakes but I don't think this is one of them

XParise9X is offline   Reply With Quote