View Single Post
Old
10-20-2004, 11:42 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500
Gut feeling on this

but I think that the driving force behind getting a deal done this time around are going to be the lower end players.

Think about it.

The group represents the vast majority on members of the NHLPA and if their interests are not being represented in this battle, then they might as well make their presence felt.

For me personally, since I have ABSOLUTELY no alliegence to any player I would look forward to games being played with the marginal guys and could do without the fat cat players that populate alot of teams in the league.

Let the marginal players play and continue to go about your normal year to year activities and the natural course of growth will dictate that stars will emerge, just as they have in the past and will always do so in the future. Before you know it, the league will once again be rich with talent evenly spread out across the league and the Franchises that draft well and manage player developement and finances well will be the ones that succeed. The one that are wanting in those areas will nott and that's how it should be.

Just get a deal done already.