View Single Post
Old
07-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Overweight or obese? They really have two seperate meanings.

I believe a BMI above 30 is considered obese, correct me if I'm wrong. I used a calculator and came out to 28, I'm 5'11"(closer to 6'0" though) and I weigh about 175 pounds and in no way obese, but came damn close.

Either way, yes it sucks, but people need to let their children outside more(like our generation), watch their kids diet (because most little kids will eat ANYTHING, really the parents are responsible for obesity), and I think parents need to go back to beating their kids when they do something wrong, more and more brats are being raised it seems like.

Just my opinion. Wow I'm 23 and already have the "Get off my lawn you punk kids" mentality.
This.

Kick them out of the house and let them get into some trouble. Then when you find out about it, rough them up a little bit. It's all part of growing up.

Also, those BMI charts are ridiculous and stupid. They assume that a person has average muscularity and slender build. If you are even reasonably muscular with a thick build, there is no hope of getting a good # on that damn chart with out being body-builder lean.