View Single Post
Old
07-02-2009, 05:03 PM
willfenix

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to willfenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Face it right now guys, if it wasn't for Chicago signing Hossa....they wouldn't of signed Havlat again. We should be grateful they made the pitch to Hossa. Not to mention we probably made a bigger offer for Marty than the Hawks did because sources were flying he was going to sign cheap to stay in chitown
I'm not sure I understood the first part of what you said, but if you're saying that we wouldn't have signed Havlat after having signed Hossa, of course you are right. The rumors of a hometown discount in CHI for Havlat were just that, rumors, but straight from the horse's mouth (Havlat's agent), he wanted a long-term deal and the Hawks couldn't risk giving that to him. He hadn't played a full season with the Hawks until this year.

However, I just want to say congratulations because you're getting a great player. A lot of people think that his shoulder has been repaired for good and time will tell, but if he can stay healthy he is one of the true elite forwards in the NHL. Total gamebreaker, always the most exciting guy to watch on the ice. Will carry the team when nobody else can find the net. The only reason he's flown under the radar is because of the injuries. As others have already said, he was also GREAT defensively last year, and I wish you guys the best of luck with him!

willfenix is offline   Reply With Quote