View Single Post
Old
07-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Hockeyfan68

vCash: 500
Well this friday night is the big night to get back on the ice in a recreational pickup game and not in a league game.

I took the pregame skate with my team this past Tuesday night as it was my first on ice time with a stick in 4 weeks and the bicep felt fine UNTIL shooting a hard wristshot from the blueline. I did not feel pain but I felt a twinge I guess you would call it , a twinge that said it is not completely healed yet even though it feels like it is.

So with that i need another 3 weeks of not playing seriously. I will miss 3 more weeks of my team games and in the meantime play some pickup hockey which equates to playing shinny hockey. The guy renting the ice told me to just take it easy and skate around and do whatever. We'll be throwing sticks in the middle to pick teams and stuff.

I am paying ahead for another 3 weeks with those guys who are all about my age of 40 or so. That should be a good safe test bed and rehab place for me for 3 weeks to a month until I no longer feel that twinge. In the videos above I am shooting from not very far away from the goal cage so I did not notice anything. It was when i got on the ice and shot regular distances that I felt it.

passing hard and rinkwide backhand passes felt normal so that was good.

I am very happy to have taken the proper amount of time and not rush things with my regular team.

I am confident things are going about as planned, actually faster than i thought originally. I thought i would be out until october at the earliest and the end of december at the latest.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote