View Single Post
Old
07-02-2009, 05:58 PM
BigT2002

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by willfenix View Post
I'm not sure I understood the first part of what you said, but if you're saying that we wouldn't have signed Havlat after having signed Hossa, of course you are right. The rumors of a hometown discount in CHI for Havlat were just that, rumors, but straight from the horse's mouth (Havlat's agent), he wanted a long-term deal and the Hawks couldn't risk giving that to him. He hadn't played a full season with the Hawks until this year.

However, I just want to say congratulations because you're getting a great player. A lot of people think that his shoulder has been repaired for good and time will tell, but if he can stay healthy he is one of the true elite forwards in the NHL. Total gamebreaker, always the most exciting guy to watch on the ice. Will carry the team when nobody else can find the net. The only reason he's flown under the radar is because of the injuries. As others have already said, he was also GREAT defensively last year, and I wish you guys the best of luck with him!
I meant would my bad. One of my buddies is a STH in Chitown and he was livid when he heard the news

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote