View Single Post
Old
07-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Shady McCoy
#NoHonorForConnor

vCash: 500
I grew up with hockey around me. My dad played...My Uncles played...its in my blood. Been a big fan my whole life and have been playing since I was 6 until recently where injuries have put me on the shelf. Never have played roller hockey competitively though.

Played in AA/AAA for most of my life and had some great times. Never really won anything which was disapointing but playing for my School is where I won a ton of tourny's and what not.
Won the State championship my Junior year and lost in the Finals every other year which I have to say sucked. Played all 4 years varsity and has appointed Captain for the final two.

Now, this is where things went south. The semifinal game of my senior year with 2 minutes left in the third with the game tied I went to get the puck at center ice and got hip checked from behind and blew up my knee. I just thought I strained it as addrenaline kept me going. We went on to win the game and I tried suiting up for the next game which I got 5 minutes into the 1st of the Final where I got another dirty hip check and couldn't get back up. Which lead to a brawl which was pretty entertaining I have to say. We lost the game in OT and I still havent gotten over it.

I had a scholarship to a fairly good D-2 School to play but I haven't been able to play because of my knee so it got revoked. Which is very disapointing.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Shady McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote