View Single Post
Old
07-03-2009, 12:06 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Not a fan of Samuelsson at all. 3 years at $7.5mil makes me even less of a fan. Very questionable signing with the amount of young players that could fill this role for a fraction of the cost.

On the flipside, if Samuelsson can develop chemistry with the twins we may have a guy that can score 25-30 goals on their wing. The fact he's got an excellent RH shot could potentially make this work.

I'm guessing Gillis or Vigneault want to get Burrows away from the Sedins? I'm not sure why?
I agree, not a fan of Samuelsson at that price at all...

but I always thought that Burrows isn't the best fit with the Sedins... he is an effective player on his own, so why have him on a line were the other 2 create most of the offense?

Personally, I like Burrows with Kesler... I'm hoping they get reunited... call it a #2 line or a #2b or whatever, but IMO we're a stronger team when Burrows and Kesler are out against the opposition's top lines - they can still produce in that role, while shutting down the opposition's top threats.

3 lines with:

Daniel-Henrik
Burrow-Kesler
Demitra-Hodgson

Plug in the rest on their wings, and IMO we have a better team for match-ups overall...

Daniel-Henrik-Samuelsson (top line, top PP)
Burrows-Kesler-Bernier (#2 minutes overall, top PK, top shutdown assignments)
Raymond-Hodgson-Demitra (#3 line, 2nd offensive unit, 2nd PP line)
Hordichuk-Johnson-Rypien/Hansen (4th line, not much icetime, #2 PK unit).

IMO the above gives us good balance and good match-up options.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote