View Single Post
Old
07-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

vCash: 500
I don't really understand the negativity in this. Samuelsson is the definition of versatile; he can fit in virtually anywhere on the roster, be it top six or bottom six, and not look out of place. He can play on both the PP and the PK, he is responsible at both ends of the ice. He also gives us something this team sorely needs--a guy who has won the freaking Cup. The Canucks had no one with that kind of experience last year or in years past. Samuelsson has won the World Hockey Championships, he's won an Olympic Gold and he's won the Cup. He's also been a part of the Detroit system, which is the biggest winning system in the NHL right now.

There is just a ton of intangibles this guy is going to bring to the lineup. Do I see him as a Sedin linemate? Not necessarilly, I think that is Burrows' role until he loses it(which I don't think he will). But Samuelsson gives us a glut of other options as to what we can do with our top six, whether or not Sundin re-signs. I like this signing a lot, and $2.5mil is not a terrible contract for a guy who has shown to be a consistent 40-point player in bottom-six minutes, who also steps up his game in the playoffs.

~Canucklehead~

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote