View Single Post
Old
10-21-2004, 09:45 AM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
Tidbits from JD-Sam-Renney townhall last night at MSG...

Maloney was also supposed to be there but was MIA...

Anyway some of the points Renney made last night as well as JD.Sam's input was for the most part useless.

On the players--

Jessiman...as per Renney, is a huge part of our future and while he was very disappointed in him not jumping to the pro's he respects his decision.Said he was w/o a doubt ready for the AHL at the least.

Said Hugh is ripped and that his skating and skill level along with his size has the NYR's pumped about him.

Said he'd let the cat out of the bag when asked about who he envisioned playing LW w/Nylander-Jagr and he said they had Hugh penciled in for that spot if the NHL were going to play which I found extremely interesting.

-Fedor Tyutin--obviously was very up on him and had him as a main cog on our blueline of the future but didn't talk all that much about him as I though he might.

Was more raving about Max Kondratiev and was extremely high on him.Said he has great size and had alot more "nasty" to his game then Fedor does.Said he was better at clearing the front of the net and winning the battle in the corners to go along with his skating and passing skills.

Really liked Max.

--Lundmark...was giving Jamie a clear slate and said that Jamie could be "anything he wanted to be in the NHL" but that he needs to raise his intensity level both on and off the ice.Said it was time to "to fish or cut bait" and that if the intensity didn't improve that he'd play for more than 1 team in the NHL.

Sounded pretty harsh but wasn't actually as down on him as it sounded in these quotes..

I have to run to at work so I'll add more later..