View Single Post
Old
07-04-2009, 04:11 PM
lextune
I'm too old for this

vCash: 50
I was born in 1971, in Boston. So hockey ruled my world. My Dad played, my uncles played, all their friends played.

I was skating almost before I could walk and played youth hockey all through elementary school. But my other great love in life is music. And by the time I got to middle school I was spending more time devoting myself to the piano than to hockey.

I briefly flirted with a return to playing my freshman year of high school. I was pretty good, a playmaking center; a good skater. A half-decent stickhandler with a better than average shot, but I wasn't going to make the NHL or anything, and I was just too busy with music to put in the time.

After college I started to play a little in adult leagues for a year or two, but again became too busy with music/work related issues to continue.

After about 10 years of not playing at all, I started playing again about two years ago in an adult league. I play 1 to 2 times a week, pretty much year round. I'm a little bit slower than I used to be of course (38 years and two knee injuries will do that, lol), and it took me about six months to get used to playing with composite sticks ,but I have a lot of fun. It's great.

lextune is offline   Reply With Quote