View Single Post
Old
07-04-2009, 08:19 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Yeah, I watch my fair share of Hamilton games. I love the 'Dogs. Probably not half as many as you, but I still get a good portion.

I really, really like Ryan White. I think he's got huge potential and he can be offensive if given the chance. His faceoff skills are very good as well from what I've read/watched, and that's something we have had problems with in the past.

I was kind of joking about Russell making the NHL. If he does, congrats.. but he's got a long way to go, especially with his size. Being a checking line player and as small as him isn't ideal at all. At least Desharnais has incredible vision, so even if he's small, his overall offensive game can get him to the show I think.
White had a tough year and didn't see a great amount of ice time but stepped up in the playoffs and if he can continue to work on his skating/foot speed, he could be a solid NHLer.

Russell really impressed, I could see him getting some NHL games if he can continue to progress. He's got great speed and he works hard while being good in his own end, but I didn't know he had such a good shot, he certainly suprised me in Hamilton this year. I'd say it was one of the biggest improvements I've seen from one of our prospects in the AHL from one year to the next. He had a hard time just getting ice last year and then this year he's on maybe the best defensive line in the AHL.

I like Desharnais, but I wish he was faster, when it comes to undersized players, I like to see them have great speed to overcome their lack of size/strength but good lower body strength is a must and both stil need to improve there imo.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote