Thread: Expand the DUB!
View Single Post
Old
10-21-2004, 10:04 PM
Greg7

vCash: 500
Without making any judgements on whether or not the league SHOULD expand, I think it's unlikely that it WILL expand in the near future. The WHL is happy with the current alignment and locations, and does not want to water down the talent level. Whether that is right or wrong may be up for debate, but I don't think there is any chance of it actually happening. I like it the way it is, but that's really a matter of personal taste. I just wouldn't want to see the talent level dropped any further, and I'm not sure there are great potential locations for teams. Winnipeg could support a team but it would hurt the Moose, Edmonton had a team and it failed and moved to Cranbrook, and Victoria just got an ECHL team. I have no idea how it would do in Southern Oregon, is there enough hockey fans in that area to support a team? In any case, I think it's a moot point, as the WHL is not looking to expand despite interest recently being shown by at least two of the cities you mentioned, Victoria and Winnipeg.