View Single Post
Old
07-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Jay Cee
P4G

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsonStreet View Post
No. Raycroft is a cheaper goaltender, and that's it. His performance since the lockout is as bad as it gets (link).

Contrary to a lot of opinion, I think this move signals that Schneider is not going to be traded for a little while. It wouldn't surprise me to see Cory split time with Manitoba and Vancouver, recalled for scheduled starts or in case of injury and then reassigned. If that's the plan, its a pretty clever one. Schneider gets the best of both worlds (NHL starts plus AHL workload). The Canucks save on salary. Raycroft gets to be Chris Levesque for a season plus half a million dollars.

If Raycroft ends up starting hockey games, I take it all back.
I didn't say Schneider was gonna be traded ASAP, to the contrary I have said, and I believe he should be held on as long as we can, but not too long.

I think that the most important thing about Raycroft to remember, as I have tried to drive home is...he is a back up goaltender. It's not just that he is cheap, backups who play 15 games a season max are gonna be cheap.

I don't think anyone is raving about this, no one raved about Sanford or Labarbara. He is a backup expected to play 15 games a season. You gotta wonder what people who are freaking about this are thinking.

Jay Cee is offline   Reply With Quote