Thread: Free agent talk
View Single Post
Old
07-07-2009, 03:13 PM
OpenWheel

vCash: 500
I disagree. If they wanted a veteran D-man they should have kept Zanon, who already was familiar with the system and players. It would tick me off if we lost Zanon just to go half a mil a year cheaper. Any cheaper then that and the youngsters should be just as good as anyone we could get. Although I suppose the length of the contract could be why we didn't match for Zanon, but that seems really silly to me.

But the whole point of going with two rookies and a second year guy (although Klein played two years ago for 13 games and he'll be 25, so he isn't as green as a one year guy.) along with the three vets on defense is to spend the money saved UP FRONT.

I agree it makes little sense to neither go after a defensive vet OR a quality top six forward. If we are expecting to fill the second line from the organization then the defense has to be SUPERB because we won't score enough goals. So sure, we should spend on a vet.

Well, Poile didn't get us a forward last year, but he has plucked some good players once in awhile. So I'll just hope he knows what he's doing. It's a bit depressing to see how low our payroll is and still see that we aren't a player in the market. Whatever keeps hockey in Nashville though.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 07-07-2009 at 03:18 PM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote