View Single Post
Old
07-07-2009, 08:28 PM
sk84fun_dc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Do they usually do 4 goalies, or is this an indication that Dunn won't be able to make it out this year?
Four from what I recall; 2 per group if they can. Also, they typically have had an FA goalie or two at the dev. camp.

There is a chance one or both of Varlamov and Neuvirth won't be there based on their long seasons and playing pro this season, but based on previous camps, it's very possible one or both attend. Right now we have to wait and see when they announce the roster.

Dunn has attended the last 2 years and has to pay his own way as an NCAA player. Combined with where he is on the Caps goalie depth chart, who knows what the plan is for him this summer. Speculation, but I was wondering if he might leave SCSU/transfer based on lack of playing time behind Weslosky combined with Mike Lee (Phoenix '09 draft pick) expected to join the team for this coming season. I haven't seen anything from Dunn or SCSU to indicate that is the case, so I assume he is headed back for his junior season.

So it's possible it's Holtby, Neuvirth, Varlamov plus Zemlak. Or one of the first 3 is not attending and possibly Dunn is.

sk84fun_dc is online now   Reply With Quote