Thread: Line Combos: Line Predictions (2009/10 Season)
View Single Post
Old
07-07-2009, 10:42 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Kaktus, Giroux was out best player in the playoffs and showed great chemistry with Briere and Gagne on separate occasions.

I think the idea behind those lines is Richards is the more likely to fill the roll of the defensive center....He would probably still lead our team in time on the ice, even if on the "3rd line" Personally, I think he and Carcillo would be great together, I would just like to get a more skilled RW with the two of them than Ilap or whatever the heck we are calling him today
Let's say you move Richards to the third line as a defensive stopper against a team's top line. OK. Now you have a hole to fill in the top 6. And you're also saying that the team would need to get an additional possible borderline top 6 RW to play on the third line. Where are these players coming from? JVR hasn't proven to anyone he's NHL ready. Nodl hasn't shown signs of capably playing in a top 6 role.

People need to stop thinking we can roll 3 scoring lines or a third line that could potentially net a fair amount of goals. It just ain't gonna happen. Although the FA pool isn't completely depleted, it does have a pretty big dent in it. Not to mention we haven't freed up ANY cap space yet to sign any potential FAs. And if we do free up said cap space, then we need to fill another hole on d. It's just not looking like this team is going to have the offensive depth it enjoyed the previous couple of seasons.