View Single Post
Old
07-08-2009, 11:29 AM
NWAvsFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
I would think it is extremely unlikely that Duchene plays more than 10 games with the Avs next season. They have been extremely patient with their prospects in the past, and I don't see them changing now. I can't remember a single high profile Avs' prospect that ever played the season directly following the draft in which they were selected, and that includes the likes of Tanguay and Wolski.

This is the time for the Avs to play Wolski as 2nd line center, give him a ton of minutes, including on the pp, and find out what they have. It is kind of a make or break season for Wolski in terms of opportunity.

I also believe that Galiardi and Stoa are likely the top 2 LWs now on the team. McLeod would be the third line LW or C, depending on where Tucker plays.

We would have a glut of RWs in Hejduk, Svatos, Jones, and Stewart. It makes me believe that we are likely to see a RW traded before the beginning of the season, most likely Svatos. You do not want Jones or Stewart buried on the 4th line when they could be receiving second or third line minutes and moving along in their development.
I disagree with this. We need wings not centers so I think we close the Wolski at center experiment and keep him on the wing. He is either develops into a consistent 25G 35A winger or we close the books on him. Hensick gets a season long look as 2nd line center mostly so that he can be moved at the end of the season. I just don't see him fitting into the system right now but maybe he shocks us all? I do think that Stoa and Galiardi would be our top 2 LW even though both of them would be better served in the AHL this year. We simply are out of options. Stoa is physically ready and may surprise.

NWAvsFan is offline   Reply With Quote