Heatley to Anaheim
View Single Post
07-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Join Date: Sep 2006
Originally Posted by
it is efficient if it allows us to get rid of Heatley for 1. dumping the salary of Smith 2. Getting a high end D prospect 3. getting speedster Ebbet at .5 Million per year (talk about efficient) and 4. 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks. and 5. improve our goaltending and 6 - sign a free agent for 4.5 million and 7......
You're a Senators fan!?
I should have known from your username I guess, but wow.
Then, as a Sens fan you should understand that we don't need our cash tied up in goalies and we don't need to increase the logjam at D.
I know they just traded for him, but I'd rather take Lupul+Ebbett because it addresses our needs way more. Wow.
1. Can be done other ways, I don't like the trade off of 2.6M for 1 year for 6M for 2 years for a backup goalie.
2. We have many already. Let's find a team with a nice forward prospect like Columbus.
3. Yeah, that's nice... I wouldn't pay my backup goalie 6M to make it happen though. And it certainly isn't worth trading Heatley for.
4. Picks would be nicer if we were rebuilding (and they all belonged to the Ducks)
5. Improving our goaltending at the cost of 6M while potential getting rid of an equal or near-equal improvement at 1M is ridiculous.
6. That's all well and nice but if we just traded Heatley for forwards (read: even Penner) we would be better off than we would be after this trade.
I'd seriously rather acquire Smid+Cogs+Penner+2M cap space than this package.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by DG