View Single Post
Old
07-09-2009, 01:43 AM
PHX FireBirds18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
I'm not saying I personally condone the things he does (getting in faces and then running away from fights) or did (sloppy seconds joke was neither well executed or funny, though I did enjoy the aftermath), but he does certainly livens things up. Hate him all you want, but you can't say Avery is boring. I certainly don't want an NHL full of annoying pests like him, but I think a couple makes the sport a bit more interesting.

If it makes you feel any better, some dumb*** redneck just completely smashed up my car in the Winn Dixie (grocery store) parking lot and then took off without leaving any contact or insurance information. Can you settle for that?
I think it would be a very bad thing to bring arguably the most hated guy in the NHL to a team already getting such negative press right now. I don't believe Phoenicians will embrace him quite the same that someone from New York would. Besides as I said earlier in the thread, Avery took some cheap shots in the media at Doan. I can't see Maloney bringing him in being our captain and everything. For a team that is going through money problems, I would be pissed if they went and got him at that salary. He's making the kind of money we want Tanguay at. We don't need another 3rd liner.

Sorry to hear about your car.