View Single Post
Old
07-09-2009, 11:47 AM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

vCash: 500
I've been hearing a lot of good things about Goc, from fans of all different teams...saying he's a defensive-minded 3rd line center who is great in the face-off circle, and will come cheap. I don't know much about him myself, but he sounds like the type of guy we could really use.

While I'd prefer a guy like Goc....getting someone like Bertuzzi or Shanahan would be nice if for no other reason than that they could provide a net presence on the PP. We're going to miss Knuble, and with Hartnell out there with the first unit, we don't have anyone to fulfill that role for the second unit.

I'm still unsure of how the lines would stack up if got Shanahan/Bertuzzi...it would almost make you wanna try the three scoring line thing again, but I don't know if just adding one of those guys is enough to make it worthwhile. I don't know...I can think of a number of options for the lines if we got one of those guys, but I'm not sure that any of them would be better overall than the type of lines we could create with a guy like Goc centering a checking line.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote