View Single Post
Old
10-23-2004, 09:23 PM
Emerald City Bruin
I-90 W for 2500mi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooselk
I am not suggesting that they start by broadcasting home games with unsold tickets available. Instead, broadcast the away games. For instance, if the T-Birds were playing in Spokane the game could be broadcast in the Seattle market. Chiefs games in Seattle would be broadcast in the Spokane market, etc. Rather than hurt ticket sales, broadcasting the away games might actually help ticket sales for the home games. If I were a T-Bird fan I'd love turn on my television to see the away games in Portland.
Portland would rather have you actually go though. I think they know that, especially this year with the Birds doing so well, that some people will make the trip rather than just listen on the radio. And as a T-Bird fan, you know how many Hawks there are in our seats. That mean $$$ coming in not going out. Along with that, the games that would build the most excitement are the ones you wouldn't see. TRI and SPO, SEA and EVT, SEA and POR, EVT and VAN, etc. Those are all rivalry games with teams that are within very reasonable driving distances of each other.

Don't get me wrong. It'd be a great idea. In fact, Seattle being on Prime Sports NW is what got me to be a fan in 1990, and I've been there ever since. But with attendance and incomes what they are, it's just not going to happen anytime soon.