View Single Post
07-10-2009, 11:22 PM
vCash: 500
I just started wearing the new Bauer visor, not a full shield so I cannot comment too much here. I do know I would never wear a full shield. I tried a wire cage years ago and it was brutally uncomfortable with the weight ... it does offer the best protection and no fogging.

If you cannot get past sight lines being weird with a cage try the suggestion made already for one of those full face shields with a visor built in. Half visor and half cage.

That may work for you. AND DON'T FEAR THE FOGGING! Today's stuff is excellent.

The new stuff they have is very well anti fogged. I breath on the inside trying to make it fog on purpose and it won't but when I do it on the exterior it does fog.

Skating keeps my fog in check on the front of the visor naturally ... I tried my new Bauer (the new Bauer that took over Itech) and I wore the HS22 Prowave straight cut visor. I have never been able to wear visors or half shields because the old technology sucked.

I am happy to say I absolutely did not feel like I was wearing a visor. The Bauer ones use that patented Oakley vision thing and there are no noticeable visual distortions.

I can finally for the first time wear face protection and I am happy about it.

It won't stop broken teeth or whatever but I feel it protects the eyes pretty well enough.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote