View Single Post
10-24-2004, 11:57 AM
Vic Rattlehead*
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by zenator1
Very different players.

Vermette has blazing speed and will be a top defensive forward for years. He is already one of Ottawa's best penalty killers. He is a very determined player as well. Has decent offensive upside, and will become a regular 20 goal scorer.

Bergeron is a physical sparkplug. I'm not sure how his defense is. I don't think his offensive upside is as high as Vermette's.

I pick Vermette, but admit I haven't watched Bergeron enough to have a proper opinion of his upside.

The ONLY reason Volchenkov was hurt by Bergeron is his shoulder rammed directly into the stupid ledge separating the boards and glass, tearing the labrum. The hit wasn't all that hard. It was a fluke play.

Bergeron's knee on knee hit on Varada was cheap. However, it was no cheaper than some of the hits Varada dishes out. I would practically guarantee that at some point Varada gets his revenge and injures Bergeron with a cheap hit, than skates off with that smile/smirk on his face. Boy would I hate Vaclav if he wasn't a Senator !
If Varada would do that to Bergeron, then he would have to watch out for Martin Lapointe